Subject: Re: inn and mmap()ing the active file
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/10/1995 07:42:01
> I've been having problems getting my inn to work correctly, and today I found

>out that the active-file isn't getting written to the disk after it's changed,

>so I have to do ctlinnd reload active "". I applied an earlier patch from this

>list which should make it do msync() when the active-file changes to it, but
>it doesn't seem to have helped.
>
> Is there anything to do besides tell it to not use mmap() for the active file

You need to add an msync() call to the INN code where it syncs the
active file (don't remember where, exactly).  The idiot INN author
refuses to put this into his code, because he says only "broken"
systems need it, and he isn't about to cater his code to broken
systems.  Email from a wide variety of users might modify his
disposition.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...