Subject: Ports of Berkeley make / pmake?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/1995 15:01:57
Hi,

sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but I am trying to
investigate whether it is worth converting a piece of software I
have access to to using Berkeley-style makefiles as found in
NetBSD.  It would be highly desireable to make it possible to
move this software around to other OSes and platforms without
mucking too much with the makefiles, and I am therefore looking
for ports of Berkeley make or (it's ancestor?) pmake to other
platforms such as HPPA/HP-UX, MIPS/Ultrix, MIPS/IRIX{4,5}, maybe
even Alpha/OSF and possibly others.  SunOS4/Sparc is a "no-
brainer" but I suspect problems on HP-UX, IRIX and probably OSF
because apparently Berkeley make needs to look "inside" library
files, and doing so is somewhat OS-specific.

Therefore: pointers to ports of Berkeley make or pmake to other
OSes and/or platforms than NetBSD/FreeBSD/linux and SunOS4/sparc
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

- H=E5vard