Subject: Re: CVS & import scripts
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1995 15:26:53
[ On Fri, August  4, 1995 at 11:57:42 (+0200), Niklas Hallqvist wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS & import scripts
>
> I'm confused!  This is exactly what I am doing...  It works OK.  I

Yikes!  You mean you let sup over-write your CVS/Entries,
CVS/Repository, and CVS/Root files?

What I meant was to sup directly into the result of a 'cvs co -r NetBSD
NetBSD' assuming "NetBSD" is both the module name and the name of the
vendor branch tag.

Then you a 'cvs remove' of the deleted files, a 'cvs add' of the new
files (being careful to add them to the vendor branch), and a 'cvs
commit' of the changed files, and optionally a 'cvs tag' if you don't do
the sup on a regular basis and would like to mark each occurance.

I'd only run the script to do the remove's (add's and commit's) by hand
after examining the sup log and comparing that to the "daily CVS update
output" from the source mailing list.  I've seen sup go wild too often.

On the other hand, perhaps it would be better for folks to replicate the
actual CVS repository if they're really going to sup and "import" every
day.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>