Subject: Re: A couple of problems
To: Stefano Gobbo <gobbo@parproc3.elet.polimi.it>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1995 09:56:07
>From the keyboard of Stefano Gobbo:

> 1. I moved from pccons to pcvt, and since then mi term emulator
>    began to behave uncorrectly under VI. In practice, seems that
>    VI is unable to rekon the row size of the terminal. I upgrade
>    to last week current, but nothing changed (well, something did.

I guess that still noone has upgraded the pcvt 3.00 in the current
tree to the latest pcvt 3.30 release.

If so, the pcvt in the -current tree is totally outdated and full of bugs
and i recommend to get the latest release of pcvt, the list of ftp sites
follows.

For the vi problem there is a file NotesAndHints in the Doc directory
which addresses some (and probably your) vi problem(s).

>    Now, pcvt25h termcap entry seems to miss the li & co params).
>    Since I'm not an expert at all about termpac stuff,

Hmm, i don't understand this, have a look in to the releases' termcap,
there pcvt25h does have li and co params.

This is the list of ftp sites for pcvt 3.30:

        Host:        gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
        Address:     137.226.31.2
        Directory:   pub/incoming
        Filename:    pcvt-330.tar.gz	(invisible!)
	Filesize:    338259 Bytes

	Host:        ftp.freebsd.org
	Address:     192.216.191.11
	Directory:   FreeBSD/incoming
        Filename:    pcvt-330.tar.gz
	Filesize:    338259 Bytes

	Host:        ftp.netbsd.org
        Address:     141.212.99.7
	Directory:   incoming
        Filename:    pcvt-330.tar.gz	(invisible!)
	Filesize:    338259 Bytes

(I think this all belongs to port-i386 ..)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis        GFKT HCS Computertechnik GmbH        Hamburg, Europe
                      "There are lies, damn lies, and open systems." (unknown)