Subject: Re: /etc/default
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1995 00:40:03
I'm catching up on old news, but I see this thread has continued to modern
day:

While really really bored, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> Sounds great, Peter.  When you get a new version of init working, please
> post the diffs :-)
> Isn't all this talking really moot until somebody sits down and does the
> work?

I have a version of init I used on 386BSD-0.1, called chmr-init.
I have no idea how well it would interface with NetBSD-1.0+, but I just
thought someone might want this datapoint.  It supports run-levels, AFAIR.

I find the flexibility of run levels intruiging (and for what it's worth,
it always seemed like it was missing from BSD), but I admit I rarely used
any but single and multi/full/kitchen-sink.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Deal with evil through strength, yet encourage good through trust.    - PGP me