Subject: Re: csh vs. tcsh
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1995 11:04:53
> 	Some people want the facilities of tcsh, while others do not
> 	want the bloat....
>
> 	Question: Why not add the same command line functionality to the
> 	NetBSD csh that sh already has!?

> Excellent idea, in fact I just wanted to suggest that.

> 	To most people I know the addition of command line editing to
> 	csh would mean more than all the other features of tcsh...

Yes this is true. The only two things I miss about the BSD csh
is command line editing and the possibility to put meta-characters
(like %/) into the prompt. I could live without the second, but
I simply can't live without command line editing.

Blaz

--
  Blaz Zupan, Ljubljanska 19/b, 62000 Maribor, Slovenia
     blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si, 2:380/104.40, GMIZO::BLAZ