Subject: Re: /etc/default
To: Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/1995 12:18:25
[ On Fri, July 28, 1995 at 12:57:42 (-0300), Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: /etc/default
>
> Given that many users thinks this is the worst thing Sun has done
> in the last years, and that it continues supporting SunOS (4.1.4),
> maybe SYSV is not so good in all aspects.

I for one would have been ecstatic if Sun had included a /5sbin with
init, et al, an an option to use it in the kernel config.....

> This kind of discussion around inittab, rc.d, runlevels, etc sounds
> to me like some sort of personal preferences.  For some people,

Not for me -- it's got to do with finding solid ways to build reliable
turn-key systems.  State machines can be made very reliable.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>