Subject: ccd device
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1995 00:29:46
I'm thinking about getting a couple of those Quantum 731MB drives in
the next couple weeks and "striping" them with the ccd device.  Does
anyone have any experience using this lately?  Especially on an Intel
(AMD actually ;-) box?  Is the driver fairly stable and usable for the
main /usr partition?

The man page says that it only exists for hp300 in 1.0.  I assume this
is correct (in that it won't work on i386 in 1.0).  Is this true?  I
also believe it was made port-non-specific in current, and should now
work on all platforms.  Correct?

Last, if I do have to upgrade from 1.0 to current (which I've been
wanting to do anyway), is there going to be another i386 binary
snapshot soon?

Thanks for any more info you could pass along!

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...