Subject: Re: the run level holy wars...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1995 10:05:48
>BTW, can anyone explain why the !@#* rc.local is, in fact, not a local file?
>Shouldn't it be a file which is run only if present, and which is not
>part of the installation?  If not, why is it called ".local"?

I've always thought that rc.local, like much of the rest of
/usr/src/etc, is provided as an example and starting point.  There are
many other files in there you can't or shouldn't use as-is, too,
e.g. myname, hosts, hosts.equiv, hosts.lpd, .....
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));