Subject: Mouse problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefano Gobbo <gobbo@parproc3.elet.polimi.it>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1995 15:57:16
Hi,

I have a small problem in configuring XFree in handling correctly
the mouse of my PC. Probably, this is a pure XFree problem, but maybe
someone else of you already met and fixed this problem.
BTW, I found nothing on the FAQs I looked at.

I run CURRENT on a HP Vectra VL2 4/66.

PC documentation states that the mouse (a 2 buttons HP) is a
" Logitech compatible mouse with mini-DIN connector".

After few attempts, I succeded to configure it as

   Protocol "BusMouse" # PS/2 here didn't work
   Device   "/dev/pms0"

The problem is in enabling the 3button emulation mode, since BusMouse
doesn't seems to support the ChordMiddle option, and the mouse
doesn't work using both Logitech and Microsoft protocols.

Any tips?
Thanks
Stefano Gobbo