Subject: Re: inittab and /etc/rc?.d
To: None <jtc@cygnus.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@imsi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1995 10:10:04
"J.T. Conklin" writes:
> Instead of trying to edit rc.local and hoping that the fax daemons
> would be started at the appropriate place, I could drop in a script
> into /etc/rc3.d/S99unifax and *know* that it would be one of the last
> things started as the system was brought up multi-user.

This is one of the things I *do* like about SysV -- but I typically do
it to my BSD systems. I really do support changing around the /etc/rc
system to use directories filled with scripts for exactly this reason
-- package installation and removal becomes easy.

I'm much less sure about run levels and the like.

Perry