Subject: can the binary snapshot be made to current?
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Tamola <masarap@u.washington.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/1995 06:18:03
dear all,

would it be possible for the binary snapshot to be brought up to
current?  i would like to run a current system, but do not want to have
to source upgrade from 1.0.  the only problem with the binary snapshot
now is that there are no kernel sources provided with it for that
particular snapshot date, thus, i have to use a much later kernel source
snapshot, and thus i have to source upgrade all over again.  can someone
upgrade them, please?

additionally, i also think it would be useful to include at least the
kernel sources with binary snapshots, so that users like me who want a
current system with all the neat current features (like improved com
driver, sound, linux binary compatibility, etc.) but don't want to have
to source upgrade.  reason for this is my computer is just too damn slow,
and i'm sick of having to wait a week for the whole system to compile.

thanks for any help on this matter.

ingat ka,

-m