Subject: Re: 1380 LINUX DEBUTS ON POWERPC - BUT POWER MAC PORT IS STILL THWARTED (fwd)
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1995 19:29:24
Hi

> Well, you know where the sources are...  get to work :-).  (Assuming someone
> isn't already working on it, which I assume they are.)

Sigh, I failed to mention that the IBM I have are the C10 models. They are
MCA based with a lot of IBM signed chips inside for the I/O devices (oops
I didn't say that and the services techies will never know I violated the
silly warranty by opening the boxes....)

I'm still trying to find a cheaper PREP or CHRP based box with PCI/ISA
busses the IBM 40P series is not priced for my pocket - I heard of a cheap
Tatung clone though... keep my ear to the ground.

et
--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB