Subject: Re: Why is using "inline" as a variable name a parse error for our compiler? ...
To: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.mira.net.au>
From: Callum Gibson <callum@frost.bain.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1995 09:09:28
John Birrell writes:
:-)We always use -Wall and our programmers haven't done their job if there are
:-)any warnings on any platform (including 16, 32 and 64 bit machines). I'd like
:-)to see NetBSD do the same.

I agree. We use:
-ansi -Werror -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
on all our code. Sure, it's a pain sometimes when you're developing and
temporarily comment out some code and get "variable not used" errors, but
the incidence of insidious bugs has surely dropped as a result. (Well, purify
and flexelint also helped. :-)

regards,
    Callum

Callum Gibson                                             callum@bain.oz.au
Fixed Income Division, DB Bain & Co.                          61 2 258 1620
## The opinions presented herein do not represent those of DB Bain & Co ###