Subject: Re: Why is using "inline" as a variable name a parse error for our compiler?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1995 12:14:21
>>> NetBSD's cc is basically gcc, and in gcc "inline" is a language
>>> keyword.  [...]
>> What about using either -ansi or -ansi -pedantic?
>> I think -ansi disables most of the GNU extensions.
> Using -traditional certainly should.  (And it should still work
> equally well with most NetBSD code too, right guys?  0.0 ;-))

Unfortunately so.  I really wish people would drop the non-prototyped
compatability thing...for example, my last message to current-users
describes a bug that never would have happened if the kernel had been
built with -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes (and either -Werror
or the discipline to not ignore the warnings).

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu