Subject: Re: panics lately too
To: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1995 21:26:52
> I too have been getting panics, lately. i.e.
> all kernels that I've compiled since the 12th of Juli
> panic regurlarly. My old kernel compiled on the 21st of June
> still works though.
> I've just been going through the source-changes
> and can't see any relevant changes between the 8th and the 12th
> so it must have changed in between.

I started seeing these problems after the 3rd-7th.

The only thing that I have been able to gleen from my vmstat and
netstat dumps are that the 128k buckets that "could be freed"
will grow into the range of 12,000. It seems that a request for
a large chunk of memory at this stage will cause a freeze.