Subject: ed0 driver with wd8003E 8-bit cards
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: G. David Butler <butler@sun1-dal.tx.stratus.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/1995 11:30:09
I am having problems with NetBSD -current 071095 i386 and an old wd8003E
ethernet card.  After ifconfig ed0 [host_ip] I can ping host_ip
just fine.  If I ping another host on the net I get nothing back.
If I have another host on the net ping host_ip I get:

	ed0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 4608

When the kernel boots I get:

	ed0 at isa0 port 0x280-0x29f iomem 0xd0000-0xd1fff irq 9:
	address blah, type WD8003E (8-bit)

The card is soft configured to exactly those settings.  I have two of
these cards and both behave the same.  In addition, they both work using
NCSA Telnet.

There are no other ethernet boards configured in the kernel.

I thought I saw an other cry for help earlier from someone else, but I
never saw an answer...

Thanks for any help.

David Butler
home: gdb@ninja.lonestar.org