Subject: reboot- while trying to disklabel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Domenick <brian@yoda.fdu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/1995 12:32:37
	Does anyone have any idea why my pc would reboot when I try to
disklabel off the install disks ? I have previously had netbsd current on
on my 1gb hard drive occuping the whole drive. I decided to trash it and
repartition it by starting a fresh install. I want to ultimately have
dos and OS/2 to coexist with it on my 1gb scsi hard drive.
	I used fdisk to create a 1 meg dos primary partition and a 200
meg extended partition on the drive. I then used pfdisk to create a 3rd
partition for NetBSD to reside. When ever I run the install, the pc reboots
after I give it the geometry and the partition sizes. I have exited install
and seen that the machine reboots when I manually do a disklabel -e sd0. I
have an adaptec 1542c scsi controller. The scsi probe reports 1800+
cylinders and dos only sees 1023 cylinders. What is the idea on how to
deal with this. I know I have read about does coexistence at some point but
I don't remember what the deal was.

					Thanks in advance,

						    Brian

Brian D. Domenick - Dir.
Academic Computer Center for Mini Computing
Fairleigh Dickinson University
	(mailstop: T120E)
1000 River Rd
Teaneck, NJ 07666