Subject: Re: Current kernel (NetBSD/Mac -current)
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1995 07:14:24
Just a couple of items noticed on recent (since 7/4/95, maybe even
earlier) builds:

1) I seem to get a lot of seemingly random program aborts.  When I use
gdb to look at the .core file, it always says that the program exitted
with a "bus error".  It happens quite a bit with ls especially, and it
even happened to routed during my last boot.  But immediately reexecuting
the same command almost always works.  This makes it "feel" like maybe
the program tried to do some I/O, and then forgot to wait for the I/O to
complete!

2) The recent changes to termcap seem to have broken a few things.  Like
screen (using screen, because dt isn't working yet).  And tcsh seems to
have some big problems repainting its prompt when using the up- and
down-arrows.  I'm gonna rebuild tcsh to see if that fixes the problems;
can't rebuild screen 'cuz I don't have sources :(

| Paul Goyette            | Key available via finger or key server |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0   |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6   |