Subject: Re: trouble with (new) lint
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1995 12:04:32
>Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 10:06:28 -0400
>From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
>
>Okay, I have a source tree up-to-date according to sup as of 08:53
>Eastern, July 4th.  When I try to "make build" it, I get

Since you used 'make build', I'll assume that your headers are up to
date.

>===> llib
>lint -Cposix llib-lposix
>llib-lposix:
>types.h(68): syntax error
>*** Error code 1
>
>Is this just something else that is getting used before it's installed,
>or is there something more serious wrong?  For now, I've just yanked

The error in types.h may be specific to the port that you're using.  I
run NetBSD/i386, and I didn't see that problem.  My experience was
otherwise the same as yours.

The only other holdup I had was that I didn't have the
/usr/libdata/lint directory.  Once I created that, I was able to build
and install lint without any problems.

To summarize, here's what you have to do:

cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xlint/lint1
make && make install
cd ../lint2
make && make install
cd ../xlint
make && make install
cd ..
make
mkdir /usr/libdata/lint
make install
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));