Subject: Re: Gcc 2.7.0
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
From: Henric Jungheim <uhenric@mcl.ucsb.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1995 02:36:22
On Sat, 1 Jul 1995, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

>    Someone ought to submit patches to them so that 2.7.1 supports NetBSD
>    on most platforms out of the box.
>
> I did NetBSD-specific support somewhere around 2.6.2 or so, and
> J.T. indicated that he was updating it for 2.7.0.  In theory, it
> should build `out of the box'.

It does... it will also build the kernel and most of the system.  I am
running on a gcc2.7.0 compiled kernel and system (most of it except for
rtld, find, sa, and rdist).  My X11 libraries and binaries were also
compiled with 2.7.0 (I just started using the new ones today, so I don't
know yet how well they work.  I'm using an A4000/040 with Xdaniver-1.01
[an Xserver]; however, I was not able to recompile Xdaniver--it simply
core dumps on me).

Henric Jungheim  --  uhenric@mcl.ucsb.edu  --  henric@engineering.ucsb.edu