Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
To: None <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Antti Miettinen <apm@kikka.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1995 17:55:17
>> I suppose it would be too hard to try to figure out how we could
>> bootstrap assuming that some of the tools might be out of date
>
>Fiddlesticks.  There's nothing difficult about making the bootstrap
>work correctly.  Especially when we have control over almost all of
>the tools.

But if we assume that all of the tools can be out of date the
bootrapping process can take a lot of time. Make is just one tool used
in the build process.

What if we have to assume that the C compiler, assembler, linker etc
can be out of date?

But anyway, as has been noted, make build does not work for yet
another reason. After I had corrected the problem of make depend,
build stopped because rpcgen should have been built, installed and
used before making those targets which depend on the rpcgen generated
headers.

Currently I'm trying to figure out why my build failed in
share/termcap with cap_mkdb complaining 'no such file or directory'.