Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1995 10:40:28
   On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, matthew green wrote:

   >    I just tried make build with an empty DESTDIR. My sources are supped
   >    from wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de at about 24th. Currently build fails
   >    first because curses.h is not installed. Should the build target be
   >    fixed or should curses.h be moved?
   >
   > curses.h moved, imo.

   And move the rest of the .h files scattered through the tree, too, I
   suppose.

i haven't looked, but what other files besides curses.h don't live in
src/include ?

   The only benefit I can see is that it encourages people not to "make
   build" to update their userland.  Convince me (with reasons other than
   "it takes to long to do that") that this is a worthwhile effort...  I

hmm.  maybe src/Makefile needs an `update' target which does the same
as the `build' target, except without the cleandir.  i dunno, i haven't
professed to know the solution, i'm just not liking the other solutions
people are coming up with.  :-)

   personally don't trust "make depend" very much.  I've been burned more
   than once.

in userland?  i have in the kernel, one or twice...

   I usually just build everything while I sleep, which is quite acceptable.
   I can't really do much else on the system, and I usually sleep for more
   than 6 hours, not to mention shower and breakfast. ;-)

i do the same.  :-)

.mrg.