Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1995 17:52:20
On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, Ted Lemon wrote:

> [...] If you were able to do a make
> build without having it fail, you would wind up with a new version of
> curses.h installed in /usr/include at the end of the whole process.

There is a religious (and valid) argument that says curses.h should be in
/usr/src/include just because it's *supposed* to be there.  I'm inclined
to think that there are equally valid reasons to leave it where it is.
This has the advantage of keeping things relatively modular; I could drop
in my (hypothetical) replacement curses library with relative ease, just
by replacing this directory.

Why wouldn't -I. -I${.CURDIR} work in libcurses, anyway?

--scott