Subject: Lesstif use problem.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/1995 13:54:48
I have just finished compiling Lesstif (a motif replacement in source
form) in hopes of building xconq.

Lesstif compiles 'more or less' cleanly (a few 'arg 1 of signal()'
warnings) and installs.

XConq builds and installs cleanly.

When I try and run it, I get the following....

 warnings) and installs.

 XConq builds and installs cleanly.

 When I try and run it, I get the following....

 warnings) and installs.

 XConq builds and installs cleanly.

 When I try and run it, I get the following....

 warnings) and installs.

 XConq builds and installs cleanly.

 When I try and run it, I get the following....

 warnings) and installs.

 XConq builds and installs cleanly.

 When I try and run it, I get the following....

 warnings) and installs.

 XConq builds and installs cleanly.

 When I try and run it, I get the following....

xconq5.6 {39} mconq
ld.so: Undefined symbol "__XEditResCheckMessages" in
mconq:/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.1.0

xconq5.6 {40}

Here is the 'offending' code segment.

static void
VendorShellInitialize(Widget req, Widget new, ArgList args, Cardinal *num_args)
{

    printf("##########VendorShellInitialize\n");
    XtAddEventHandler(new, (EventMask)0, True, _XEditResCheckMessages, NULL);

    printf ("Setting up virtual key bindings\n");

    _XmVirtKeySetupBindings(new);

     XtCreateWidget("shellext", xmVendorShellExtObjectClass, new, args, *num_args);
}

In plain words, I am in WAY over my head here.  Hardware drivers I can
figure out...  This stuff is smoke and black magic near as I can tell.

What do I need?  Good question.

I would like to find out how I could solve this on my own.  I would also
like someone that is better at this stuff than me (as if there is
someone MORE clueless available :-) to tell me what I need to fix to get
this working.

I am guessing that XEditResCheckMessages is an X11 defined procedure
that is supposed to Check messages from the Resource Editor?  Not that
help partucularly, I just thought I'd toss it out and see what bites.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
386bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom