Subject: Re: compile woes, and broken termcap for xterms?
To: None <windsor@pobox.com>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/1995 14:15:57
> When I went to build everything in /usr/src/usr.bin, it died trying to build
> lex.  Here's the output:

Copy initscan.c to scan.c (or obj/scan.c if you use obj directories)
to bootstrap lex.

> Also, whatever changed in the termcap for xterm has made it impossible to
> page small files.

Yes, the X11R6 xterm termcap entry was integrated into termcap.  It
includes ti/te that switch to/from an alternate video page.

Shortly after this was done, people started complaining about more(1)
and small files.  More was changed not to emit the ti/te strings, as
the same problem would occur on other terminals similar ti/te strings.

If you recompile more, you shouldn't have this problem any more.

	--jtc