Subject: Re: does anyone have X11R6 binaries for NetBSD/sparc -current
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1995 10:54:07
On Mon, 26 Jun 95 11:55 EDT
 woods@kuma.web.net (Greg A. Woods) wrote:

 > I've just (successfully) installed NetBSD/sparc -current (May 10?
 > snapshot binaries, then the Jun 4 src tar's re-compiled with minor
 > updates from the current -current tree) on a SPARCstation IPC.

Actually, I do, but I have to re-compile xdm with Matt Green's
setlogin()-related patch.

In fact, I'll try to get to that today, and maybe we can put them up for
ftp...Matt?

 > Anyway, I'm about to port X11R6 to this machine unless someone else has
 > already done so and would be kind enough to put up a gzip'ed tar copy of
 > their /usr/X11R6 tree for me to FTP (or point me to some current
 > archive!)

Actually, X11R6 with all of the patches applied pretty much covers
NetBSD/sparc -- there are will a few little x86-isms in the NetBSD.cf,
but they're easy to work around.  With 2 small tweaks, it pretty much
compiled ``out of the box'' and works great.