Subject: Re: Future of NetBSD??
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Jim Wise <wisej@acf4.NYU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/1995 22:44:37
On Sun, 25 Jun 1995, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> and run it exclusively on my main machine at home, Windows NT is the
> most reliable operating system I have used.
>
> I'm not saying it's better.  God knows I curse missing functionality
> in it daily, but it is more reliable, IMHO.  And, Microsoft is gearing
> up major advertising pushing Windows NT as the server OS of choice.
> So... you read the cards.

Read which cards?  UN*X in it's assorted forms has lasted as _the_
server/high-end OS through major advertising pushes by Digital,
IBM, Novell, Honneywell, Data General, and dozens more...  It'll be
there.  Besides, advertising aside, MS is _not_ especially pushing
WinNT.  The requirement that products seeking Windows-Compatible
Branding must run under Win95 at least, NT optional, means that even
if NT does provide more, its added features won't see the light...

				Jim Wise
				wisej@acf4.nyu.edu