Subject: Re: Future of NetBSD??
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/1995 14:36:45
>Yes, the average user is willing to run Microsnot operating systems
>even though they crash a lot, and the average user has no idea that
[...]
>several times a day.   The only problem is that they don't have any
>choice.
[...]
>MicroSnot is structurally incapable of producing a reliable product
>because of the way they hoard their source code, so we really have all
>the time in the world... :')

I don't mean to be argumentative, because I agree pretty much with the
entire intent of your article.  However, I just need to make one
point, and hope I don't start a new tangent.  Although I love NetBSD
and run it exclusively on my main machine at home, Windows NT is the
most reliable operating system I have used.

I'm not saying it's better.  God knows I curse missing functionality
in it daily, but it is more reliable, IMHO.  And, Microsoft is gearing
up major advertising pushing Windows NT as the server OS of choice.
So... you read the cards.

Anyway, I return you to your regular tangent.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...