Subject: Re: .profiles for different systems
To: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/1995 09:29:02
> I'm getting tired of maintaining user-level configuration files (.profile,
> etc) for every different OS I use.  Anyone got some words of wisdom on how
> to do this?

Check out the kshenv.tgz package on ftp.netbsd.org?
It contains my

	/etc/profile
	/etc/ksh.kshrc

They are probably not the latest versions but should get you started.

I currently use these same files on several NetBSD,SunOS,Solaris, and
HP-UX boxes.  In the past I've also used them on SCO, and Bull's DPX
machines.

.profile and .kshrc files are only needed by users who don't like the
defaults.   If they follow the same model as the /etc files they won't
have a problem.

--sjg