Subject: Insta
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Anderson <sander@carroll1.cc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/1995 06:40:36
Hello:

	I followed the steps for building a new kernel exactly,
and fortunately I saved my old include and lib dirs as well as
the old kernels.  That background being said I'd like to ask
for a pcvt -current kernel just to get my system back up because
the new kernel I build causes a spontaneous reboot as it is
to red, kaboom it blows up and starts again, looping each
time.  I have a 486dx with ide drives, and isa bus.  If
someone could take the time to setup a small config file,
config and compile a kernel that won't fail, I'd be greatly
appreciative, hell I already am for the 2 years almost I've
been running NetBSD, thanks for all the great work.

Scott Anderson
ps: when I try the old kernel with either set of libs
it chokes up trying to run login etc, complaining about
some inappropriate IOCTL for the device (pcvt console).