Subject: Re: June 8 sup "snapshot"
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/1995 11:04:58
>From: David Jones <>
>Date: 	Sat, 17 Jun 1995 13:09:41 -0400

>Is it possible to compile supped sources without installing the new includes?
>i.e. I want the compiler to use the new includes when compiling the new
>sources, but I don't want to install anything until I'm reasonably sure that
>what I've compiled won't blow me out of the water.  That means my includes
>stay put until the rest of the system changes over.

I don't bother with DESTDIR, I just do the following:

mv /usr/include /usr/include.old
cd /usr/src/include; make install

If the build is successful,

rm -rf /usr/include.old

rm -rf /usr/include; mv /usr/include.old /usr/include
Mike Long <>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger for PGP public key
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));