Subject: Re: NetBSD Modules Bug
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/1995 14:06:26

> I installed fvwm in April,  I run NetBSD/Sparc.
> I rebooted my machine and I am now encountering problems with modules:
>
> FvwmBanner seems to be the only one that works, GoodStuff Draws the icons and
> then hangs. IconBox does zip, and winlist givesme these errors:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  38 (X_QueryPointer)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x0
>   Serial number of failed request:  7
>
> Anyoen got a fix or can you explain why all of a sudden it doesn't work?

I have :-)

I had ulimit -u 400 and ulimit -n 400, ktrace was showing me resource temp
unavailable messages, I removed those 2 limits and things started to work fine,
What are the upper limits for ulimit? And is there anyway I can compile in
bigger normal user limits at kernel compile time? the current ones are useless,
a couple of xterms and a window manager...

I've copied this to the fvwm mailing list incase anyone else has the same
problem.

Regards,
Meil.

--
Neil J. McRae                                  Domino: In the glow of the night
neil@domino.org, neil@demon.net,  neil@domino.demon.co.uk, neilm@wonderland.org