Subject: CVS & import scripts
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1995 02:12:15
Can anyone send me or post their scripts which import/commit CVS stuff
after a sup.  I'd like to make local changes that propogate, with minimal
effort.

Also, any CVS wisdom on how to deal with software which uses ./configure?
Do you commit the source after configuring for the local system, or not?

Also, if you wish to support multiple configurations (say, a NetBSD source
release with PCMCIA stuff for my friend, compressed VM for my research
project, and a vanilla release for the system I code on), how to do that?
Leave VENDOR as vanilla, trunk for cvm, make a branch for PCMCIA?

And since there's only one vendor branch, why not just tag it VENDOR?
I've started doing that.  e.g. cvs import foopkg VENDOR foopkg-1_0

One of these days I'll write my own CVS tool. It's on my 300+ line
TODO list.  Right after writing a TODO list manager. :) :) HHOS
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Deal with evil through strength, yet encourage good through trust.    - PGP me