Subject: June 8 sup "snapshot"
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1995 10:39:11
Has anyone compiled and run the sources from the June 8 sup?  (i.e.
just before sun-lamp disappeared in a puff of greasy black smoke.)
The libraries seem to compile OK (one bobble relating to curses.h),
but several user-level utilities (useless ones like fsck, restore,
dump...  ;-) don't compile.  If I were to finish bludgeoning my way
through the minor little problems and installed the resulting
binaries, will I regret it?  (I note that the compilation failures
have been fixed, according to the source-changes mail.)

My real problem is that I installed /usr/include with the new sources,
but don't dare put up the libraries until I know it's safe.  (And I
have several programs I'd like to compile, too.)  Alternatively is
there any way to access the CVS repository?  Or is there an estimated
time for when sup.netbsd.org will work again?

Thanks.