Subject: Re: PAS16 - dma channel 1 not finished?
To: None <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/1995 08:05:07

James> karanthia# audioplay /dev/sound < sax.au
James> device `pas,16' version 255 config pas: play chans 1, freq 43478
James> device index 0 is `mic'
James> nchans 1: 128
James> device index 1 is `speaker'
James> nchans 1: 128

James> ok from there it hangs and every minute or so (till the end of file) puts
James> a sixteen K block on screen.
James> ie.

James> 16348
James> 32768

That's a good sign--this means that at least the audio driver layer is
consuming the audio data.  [The numbers are printed by audioplay, as its
write() system calls complete.] However, ...

James> or the like all the while giving me the error
James> /netbsd: dma channel 1 not finished ...

...that looks like the PAS gave you a DMA completion interrupt but the
count wasn't complete, as far as the motherboard DMA controller is
concerned.

Alas, I can't tell you how to fix it, but at least I can explain what
you're seeing. :(

==John