Subject: Re: Sup?
To: James Graham - captech <greywolf@tomcat.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1995 14:59:10
> Could some (hopefully) kind soul please provide an update as to when sup
> will be working again or, if it's already working, from whence sup actually
> works?

Yes, there will be an announecement when it is working again.  When
that will be really depends on when CMU assigns me some IP addresses.

> ns[12].berkeley.edu still think that {ftp,sup}.netbsd.org still point to
> sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu.

yup.

> After tracing everything down, even ns1.mit.edu
> thinks that sup.netbsd.org still points to sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu which,
> as we all know, doesn't exist, and ftp.netbsd.org refuses SUP requests.

Why/how could ns1.mit.edu have to do with this?

actually, sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu _DOES_ still exist, as an ip
address.  when the new sup server is up and running, the appropriate
netbsd.org CNAMEs will change, and sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu will have
its ip address removed (and will be MX'd).

There are several reasons to leave 'sup.netbsd.org' pointing at a host
which is down...

chris