Subject: Re: Trouble with PCI, VGA, 32Mbyte
To: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1995 13:38:48
> In message <199506121205.OAA01450@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>, Andrew Wheadon writes:
> You don't *need* an adaptec controller to remap blocks.  It is actually
> the drive that does the honours, all you need is the appropriate software
> to tell the drive to do so...

The only software I know of that does it is the builtin-software
on the Adaptec. I was asking for other software for Unix (or for DOS
with included drivers.) Sometime ago somebody posted a fix to the
kernel plus utility which did exactly this "rmap" but it didn't come
with enough info about the parameters to apply it. The optimum would
be a utility the scans the disk and remaps (interactively as option.)
just like the Adaptec BIOS.

Does any appropriate software exist ? If not I under Peter is writing some.

Cheerio
btw some people still seem to disagree that this problem ever arrises...

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"