Subject: Re: Trouble with PCI, VGA, 32Mbyte
To: Henry G. Juengst ISKP Bonn <juengst@saph1.physik.uni-bonn.de>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1995 11:01:39
> for me. Correct? Is the DMA controller on a PCI board able to handle more
> than 16 Mbyte (I don't have any documents about PCI) ? Will there be a
Yes I run a 32MB ASUS-PCI/EISA 586 and it works fine.

> The X server (XF86_SVGA) can only find 64 Kbyte on the Genoa card, but the
> card has 1 Mbyte. VGA16 works... :-( Does anybody know how to manage the
> memory mapping for this card (XFconfig, source code) ?
I'd presume the Genoa driver is for an older card maybe, but you
can always force the size with:
VideoRam	1024

> The last message which was written is 'fd0...'. There were made some
Recompile the Kernel after changing the line:
	fd*
	fd0
This will force finding only one floppy and solves lots of probs
on specific asus-boards (like my 16MB PCI/ISA 586 which wouldn't
use it's ed0 after probing for the non-existing floppy, though
it might have started working because of mycrofts pci_machdep.c
changes (haven't checked yet.))

Cheerio

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"