Subject: Re: Trouble with PCI, VGA, 32Mbyte
To: None <dufault@hda.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1995 18:41:34
   > While I'm thinking of it, does the FreeBSD scsi utility, or any other
   > SCSI utility, offer the ability to reformat drives with 1KB sectors?

   I don't have the spec right here.  I think it amounts to (with the
   FreeBSD utility)

   scsi -f /dev/rsd0.ctl -e 3 -P 3        # Manually edit the format
					  #  device page to set sector size.
   scsi -f /dev/rsd0.ctl -c "4 0 0 0 0 0" # Format.

   "-P 3" select parameter set 3, the permanent ones.

Careful readers will note that this interface really *sucks*, and it's
very easy to do something completely different than you intended.