Subject: SCSI-Disks (was: Trouble with PCI, VGA, 32Mbyte)
To: None <perry@imsi.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1995 20:54:03
In message <9506101553.AA08207@snark.imsi.com>you write:
->> want the drive to remap on write failures or after read retries turn
->> on AWRE and ARRE in mode page 1.  You can lift the code from FreeBSD
->> sbin/scsi and lib/libscsi or write a utility using the user mode scsi
->> ioctl.
->
->It should be on by default in NetBSD. Since it apparently isn't at the
->moment, does anyone have a utility that does what was just described?

I was working on scsicntl (from linux) the other day.  I have the reading
commands working, which was what I needed.

It's probably easy to drop in the write-codes, but I hated the style of
programming so much I didn't bother to do that  -- I was on pressure and
modifiying existing code was so much faster than writing good code myself :-(

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de