Subject: Re: Trouble with PCI, VGA, 32Mbyte
To: Henry G. Juengst, ISKP, Bonn <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1995 18:52:55
>ASUS TP54(sp?) PCI/ISA board, i586 100 MHz (shadow disabled)
>NCR *810 SCSI controller (Adaptec 2940 later;-)
WHY???  What is this incredible lemming-like following of Adaptec?  I
just don't get it.  Your NCR 810 is cheaper and just as fast.  What is
the great extra benefit you will get by dumping a bunch of money in
Adaptec's pockets?

I've never seen such a fierce brand loyalty for no apparent reason.

Is there really something so incredibly better about Adaptec that I'm

  Michael L. VanLoon
     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...