Subject: Problems with mount_mfs
To: NetBSD List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1995 01:11:40
	Hi,

I compiled and install the 3.6.95 snapshot today on an i386 machine
and I had lot of trouble with it.

1.) "mount_mfs" didn't work anymore. I always got:

    mfs: /tmp: Invalid argument

2.) "ps" didn't work anymore. Although I compiled "libkvm" and "ps"
    afterwards "ps" I got "process size mismatch" errors.

3.) The kernel turned out to be very instable, it crashed half a dozen times
    during reboot, mostly VM faults. I could not even reboot with the old
    kernel because "mountd" caused a panic.

Any idea what went wrong?

If that matters:
I use NetBSD-i386 on a P90/Triton chipset, 32MB RAM, NCR SCSI hostadapter.

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de