Subject: Re: Ehternet frame type detection
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1995 13:56:17
Martin Husemann (martin@laurin.teuto.de) wrote:
: Would it make sense to add automatic ethernet frame type recognition?
:
: It's trivial on input and not realy complicated on output. For output
: you need to store a flage describing the frame type somewhere, e.g.
: the arpcom part of the interface softc structure where it could be
: auto-enabled or controled via a new ifconfig option.

Sounds like the IP header standard switch I built into the ARCnet code
(IFF_LINK0 flag) --- I *am thinking* about defining IFF_LINK1 to
autodetect the IP packet types coming in and setting link0 accordingly.

For a reference, read RFC 1201 and 1051.

	Ignatios Souvatzis