Subject: Re: Porting netatalk to NetBSD
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1995 23:18:53
> Does anyone know what would be required to port netatalk (AppleTalk Filing
> Protocol) to NetBSD?  Currently netatalk supports ultrix, sun, and linux.

I started and made a first pass at this, but I got hung up with what to do
with the SNAP headers and the loopback interface and ARP code using 1.0.

I was going to make another pass with current code.  Somebody has done some
general 802 support (for token ring) for ARP and the loopback.  I was
going to pick that up with the rest of my stuff, and see how it goes.

I might be more motivated to work on this if I had someone else interested
in it and testing.  I've also spent the last 3 months roaming like a drunken
bull through BSD 4.4 networking code for my real job, so I should be lot
better at it this time around.
--
Mark