Subject: Re: netbsd and NCSA telnet seem to be at odds with each other, any , ideas?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1995 14:21:50
On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Brian Buhrow wrote:

> 	I'm trying to use NetBSD 0.9A and 1.0 (I386 version, but that's probably
> not important) with NCSA telnet version2.3.06 and 2.3.08.

For what it's worth, I've always had problems with the PC versions of NCSA
Telnet, including both of those you mention here (I've used .05 and .07,
as well).  I can usually (eventually) get a good session running by just
opening new sessions without closing any of them.  I've always attributed
this to some sort of timing related thing, or perhaps a bug in Telnet
that's tickled by the NetBSD telnetd.

I haven't had to do this for at least 6 months now, thankfully.  I
replaced my PC with a Mac. :-)  Now to scrounge up an old SPARC...

--scott

PS- on the Mac version, you can get into trouble if you set the "Allow
linemode" option.