Subject: CVS & LFS
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1995 18:32:36
Two things:
1) CVS
2) lfs

1)
Forwarded message:
> From: Charlie Root <root@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
> To: source@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Subject: daily CVS update output
>
> Updating src and othersrc trees:
> No space left on device
> U doc/CHANGES

Is the 'No space left on device' a sign that something
has gone wrong or can we happily sup anyway ?

2) I tried out the lfs filesystem yesterday:
(My Kernel supports LFS (whatever it is.))
commands:					state of machine:
newlfs sd1f					fine
mount -t lfs /dev/sd1f /mnt2			fine
cd /mnt2					fine
ls -laR						fine
cat >test	<RET> blablabla <RET><CTRL-D	first screen hangs
<F10>ls -laR					second screen hangs
<F11>ps ax					fine, lfs_cleaner.d is running
umount -f /dev/sd1f				all screeens hang
<diff machine>ping wipux2			response for a bit, then nomore
<wipux2><Ctrl-Alt-Esc>				debugger appears
messed around a bit nothing sensible appears
<REBOOT-BUTTON>	btw how does one reboot from the debugger ?
						machine boots
						kernel reads
						init failed panic.
For some reason my /sbin/init had shortend to 16K. booted from a spare root
and copied a new one the next day, everything else seems fine.
SO:
	Has anybody got lfs working ? Am I wrong in thinking lfs
	is just a faster filesystem ? Was it fluke that my /sbin/init
	went or should I presume similar things to happen when
	I mess with lfs ?...

Cheerio

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"