Subject: Re: postgres port
To: None <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1995 00:48:08
John,

> I seem to remember an anoucement of a port of postgres to NetBSD.  I
> could not find it in the packages.  Can someone give me a pointer to
> this port?

I haven't made a package for various reasons:

1. It's still beta software.
2. The latest beta of Postgres95 has support in it for NetBSD(/i386 1.0a)
3. The dynamic linking functions in NetBSD have changed over the last
week, and I've still to roll the changes in.
4. I haven't had time
5. No-one expressed an interest

(In fact, the only feedback I got was from people who had trouble
retrieving the archive and diffs from my ftp server - I haven't heard
anything from any NetBSD people about it, although there was some
interest from some BSD/OS people, so I don't know if anyone out there
got it to work, or even managed to retrieve it).

Mail me for more info.

Cheers,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.