Subject: Re: Help!
To: Herb Peyerl <>
From: Dave Burgess <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1995 17:39:08
> Dave Leonard <>  wrote:
>  > how about some sort of harvest/glimpse gateway to the mailing lists?
>  > takes the pain out of it
> A while back some individual (Dave Burgess or was it Vanloonie?) had a
> semi-weekly posting outlining the twisty-curves involved in upgrading to
> -current for the previous week or two...

It was about once a month, and frankly I've never been able to figure
out what was hard about it.

I added that section to the FAQ, and everytime (except maybe the last
one) I saw a new version of the 'you can't get there from here'
instructions, I would update the FAQ with them.  I just read 'em, I
don't writ them.

I did (about a year ago) write a kernel compiler script.  Other than
that, I just parrot what y'all say into the FAQ....

Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
386bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom
"Just because something is stupid doesn't mean that there isn't someone
that wants to do it...."