Subject: Re: Help!
To: None <leonard@dstc.edu.au>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1995 13:58:00
[ On Wed, June  7, 1995 at 22:56:43 (+1000), Dave Leonard wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Help!
>
> how about some sort of harvest/glimpse gateway to the mailing lists?
> takes the pain out of it

Why not just archive your own list feeds and run agrep on them?

I don't find it hard to keep up with the lists, but I only skim them,
and I do so on a fast machine, so I can ususally plow through several
dozen messages in a few minutes....  I also have my mailer configured to
save messages from each list into an appropriate folder for future
searching.

BTW, IMHO anyone running sup should also subscribe to source-changes.

Personally once I have the time/space/banwidth again to restart more
active work on the -current stuff, I'm going to restrict myself to
grabbing the periodic tar's and checking them into a local CVS
repository.  That way I can grab individual files with fixes when
necessary, but otherwise do my work only on the more stable hunks of the
-current stuff.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>